3.25.2010

Stations of the Cross - Day 5

Today's station is "Simon Helps Jesus."

Lord, make me realize
that every time I wipe a dish,
pick up an object off the floor,
assist a child in some small task,
or give another preference
in traffic or the store;
each time I feed the hungry,
clothe the naked,
teach the ignorant,
or lend my hand in any way –
it matters not to whom –
my name is Simon.
And the kindness I extend to them
I really give to you.

(From Everyone's Way of the Cross)

Yes, Lord. There are so many who need a kind word, a bite of food, a hand across the street. Help me to see their need and meet it as You have given me the ability to.
Matthew 27:27-32
27Then the governor's soldiers took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole company of soldiers around him. 28They stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, 29and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head. They put a staff in his right hand and knelt in front of him and mocked him. "Hail, king of the Jews!" they said. 30They spit on him, and took the staff and struck him on the head again and again. 31After they had mocked him, they took off the robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him away to crucify him.

32As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross.


No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4