Hi, Wordies!
Yup, I'm the host this week. I can't remember the last time I've hosted so I'm guessing that's a good indication that it's well past my turn.
So...
Drum roll, please.....
This week's word is in honor of my home state.....
*L*O*U*I*S*I*A*N*A
The word is:
Yup, I'm the host this week. I can't remember the last time I've hosted so I'm guessing that's a good indication that it's well past my turn.
So...
Drum roll, please.....
This week's word is in honor of my home state.....
*L*O*U*I*S*I*A*N*A
The word is:
"Lagniappe"
(lan~yap)

(lan‘yəp, lăn-yăp‘)
Chiefly Southern Louisiana & Mississippi (origin circa 1844)
1. A small gift presented by a storeowner to a customer with the customer’s purchase.
2. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit. Also called regionally boot.
Etymology: Creole < Fr la, the + Sp ñapa, lagniappe < Quechuan yapa
Interesting fact- Napa comes from yapa, which means “additional gift” in the South American Indian language, Quechua, from the verb yapay “to give more”
(The above information from Stan Phelps at Marketing Lagniappe.)
1. Leave me a note in the comment section below (buzzes!) that you want to participate!
2. Create.... for some participants, the "WEEKWORD"conjures an immediate image, memory, or response. You can draw, write, paint, glue, photograph.... oh, the possibilities are endless!!
3. Post your "WEEKWORD" interpretation on your blog by the end of the day, Friday February 25th.
4. Stop by my blog on Friday, February 25th, to see the lis of all the wordies who are playing. Visit their blogs and leave a comment or note that you visited.
5. Invite your blog visitors to participate.
Happy week-wording! See you Friday~
2. Create.... for some participants, the "WEEKWORD"conjures an immediate image, memory, or response. You can draw, write, paint, glue, photograph.... oh, the possibilities are endless!!
3. Post your "WEEKWORD" interpretation on your blog by the end of the day, Friday February 25th.
4. Stop by my blog on Friday, February 25th, to see the lis of all the wordies who are playing. Visit their blogs and leave a comment or note that you visited.
5. Invite your blog visitors to participate.
Happy week-wording! See you Friday~


8 comments:
I am in, great word which is already stretching my poor brain....
I'll play - Iove new words...
Holy moly what a cool word! I'm in!
Love it, new word in my vocabulary, gotta join this week!!
Count me in!!
Sorry I'm so late to request to be in, but I'm always late :) What a great word B, please count me in for a Saturday posting (fridays are so stressful for me!)
what a really fun word! I'm sorry that I'll be missing out on this one. my computer died, and I'm in the process of trying to set up a new one. But I'll be back to see what everyone comes up with.
I'm playing this week.
http://nopolar.blogspot.com/2011/02/weekword-lagniappe.html
Interesting word--thanks for the education, hope I got it right!
Post a Comment