5.30.2010

Seven on Sunday

Ah...what a week!

1. Monday afternoon was spent on a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Pinehurst Spa to use gift certificates I've had (literally) for years! I had a ridiculously expensive facial that felt ridiculously good. After I got over the first 10 minutes of feeling guilty, the next 40 minutes were amazing!

2. Wednesday and half of Thursday were spent with a nasty, coughing cold. I thought I was in for a week of hacking and feeling miserable based on what E and Mary had just been through, but amazingly it just went *poof*!

3. Thursday night we had a company dinner at the beautiful Pinehurst Country Club overlooking the famous Pinehurst #2 Golf Course 18th hole. We are so thankful for the place we work! (And live!)

4. Friday morning was Mary's graduation from elementary to middle school! She had a phenomenal year. Congrats, Mary!

5. Friday night, we took Mary out in celebration of the beginning of her summer to a really nice dinner at Wolcott's (if you live here, you've got to try it!) and then to a local drama group's production of "On Broadway." Very nice.

6. Saturday night, we met The Boy and The Girl at the Pinehurst Arboretum to be serenaded by Vince Gill under a starry sky while relaxing in lawn chairs. It was probably the most enjoyable, laid-back concert I've ever been to.

7. After the concert, we stopped by and had a quick dinner with the Middle Child and her boyfriend as they were getting off work. Nice time, although short. It's so good to see her happy and laughing.

Of course, there was regular life (working, being Mom, errand-running, house-cleaning, cooking, etc.) all in between. And now it's time for a worshipful and restful Sabbath day!
Happy Sabbath, bloggy friends!

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4