Happy Easter-Eve, bloggy friends. Today's station is "Jesus is Buried."
This is a hard prayer for me today:
I beg you, Lord,
help me accept the partings that must
come –from friends who go away,
my children leaving home,
and most of all,
my dear ones
when you shall call them to yourself.
Then, give me grace to say:
“As it has pleased you, Lord,to take them home,
I bow to your most holy will.
And if by just one word
I might restore their lives
against your will,
I would not speak.”
Grant them eternal joy.
(From Everyone’s Way of the Cross by Clarence Enzler)
Mark 15:42-47
42It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. 44Pilate was surprised to hear that he was already dead. Summoning the centurion, he asked him if Jesus had already died. 45When he learned from the centurion that it was so, he gave the body to Joseph. 46So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. 47Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Jesus saw where he was laid.
This is a hard prayer for me today:
I beg you, Lord,
help me accept the partings that must
come –from friends who go away,
my children leaving home,
and most of all,
my dear ones
when you shall call them to yourself.
Then, give me grace to say:
“As it has pleased you, Lord,to take them home,
I bow to your most holy will.
And if by just one word
I might restore their lives
against your will,
I would not speak.”
Grant them eternal joy.
(From Everyone’s Way of the Cross by Clarence Enzler)
Mark 15:42-47
42It was Preparation Day (that is, the day before the Sabbath). So as evening approached, 43Joseph of Arimathea, a prominent member of the Council, who was himself waiting for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for Jesus' body. 44Pilate was surprised to hear that he was already dead. Summoning the centurion, he asked him if Jesus had already died. 45When he learned from the centurion that it was so, he gave the body to Joseph. 46So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb. 47Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Jesus saw where he was laid.


No comments:
Post a Comment