Oh my. It has been a while since I've written a Seven post. And as I sit here on my porch listening to the birds sing, I can't believe I'm taking the time to do this. Things have been so very, very busy and I can't put my finger on exactly why. Anyway - here goes... hopefully quickly!
1. Somehow a quiet Easter lunch has morphed into seventeen people being at my house tomorrow. Quite an eclectic group, too. New-friends, old-friends, work-friends, future-family-friends.... Oh! and even boy-friends! Yikes! Now I'm worried
1. Somehow a quiet Easter lunch has morphed into seventeen people being at my house tomorrow. Quite an eclectic group, too. New-friends, old-friends, work-friends, future-family-friends.... Oh! and even boy-friends! Yikes! Now I'm worried
2. My house will not seat that many people at official tables. Oh, well. Laps will work well enough, I hope!
3. What will I feed all these people, you ask? Still working on that, but I'm reading A Homemade Life and am trying out a few of Molly Wizenberg's recipes: Burg's Potato Salad (tucked away in the refrigerator as I type... preliminary taste tests say it's fantastic, but I'll let you know after the mandatory overnight steep), Bouchons Au Thon (little tuna-from-a-can souffles... *f*a*n*t*a*s*t*i*c*), Blueberry Raspberry Pound Cake (happily baking in the oven right now), and finally Chocolate Cupcakes with Bittersweet Glaze (yet to mix these sweeties up, but will let you know.) In addition to these newbies I've mixed up a simple fruit salad and bought a pre-cooked spiral ham. A friend (dear, dear sweet friend!) is bring deviled eggs and a seven layer salad. Another friend is bringing rolls and veggies with dip. Oh - and E had to have her Kraft mac & cheese, but since it's a holiday she's requested the *fancy* Velveeta and Cheese version. :-)
4. I'm reading in the book of Judges this week and it's struck me how much I love to read the stories of the Bible, how much they capture my imagination. Gideon, can you believe him? And Samson and Deborah and foolish Jephthah. I'm so glad God decided to tell us about Himself with stories.
5. I've fallen in love with all the little cacti at Lowe's and couldn't help but get a few for my porch. This one is my favorite:
5. I've fallen in love with all the little cacti at Lowe's and couldn't help but get a few for my porch. This one is my favorite:
6. Mary and I got all crafty yesterday and made coffee-filter flowers. We whipped up three and hung them on twine for a garland. It is proudly hanging in the corner of the porch where this teeny clip-on bird found a home.



No comments:
Post a Comment