For Tuesday
March 16, 2010
Outside my window... an inky black, early morning sky.
I am thankful for... 24 years of marriage to my very own Mr. Wonderful!
I am wearing... A purple turtleneck given to me by a friend, my favorite jeans, and no shoes or socks!
I am remembering... how good it is for me to get out and walk and pray... both physically and spiritually! Why do we (I?) run from the things we know are good for us?
I am going... to host our book club this week and must, must, must get the book finished!
I am reading... A Thread of Grace (book club), Figures of Speech, Deuteronomy, I Corinthians, and a few Psalms here and there.
I am praying... for so much... a wedding, a new daughter-in-law-to-be, two sick friends, being a mother, being a wife (!), desiring to know Jesus more and more, wanting to always walk under the shadow of the Almighty...
I am creating... poetry! See Sabbath Morning below.
Noticing that... poetry is good for the soul.
Poetry is the journal of the sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air. Poetry is a search for syllables to shoot at the barriers of the unknown and the unknowable. Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
~Carl Sandburg, Poetry Considered
Pondering these words...
Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you u a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit, one who, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart.’ This will lead to the sweeping away of moist and dry alike. Deuteronomy 29:18-19.
Oh, Lord, keep me from blessing myself in my heart and walking in the stubbornness of my heart!
In the kitchen... I'm going to try this recipe for potatoes au gratin... something I don't think I've ever made... tonight with pork tenderloin, sauteed mushrooms, and a green salad.
Around the house... I think we might have actually found drawer hardware that works with our kitchen cabinetry, so the painting project is back on! Yippee!
One of my favorite things... my thirty minute drive to and from work, usually spent just thinking or praying... or talking on the phone... or listening to audio books.
From my picture journal... my favorite so far from the engagement pictures. Go here and here and here to see what's been posted by photographer Tina Wrona. I think there's one more set coming. Really, really talented lady. Plus, a super cute couple to shoot, don't ya think?

For more "Simple" entries, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook!
March 16, 2010
Outside my window... an inky black, early morning sky.
I am thankful for... 24 years of marriage to my very own Mr. Wonderful!
I am wearing... A purple turtleneck given to me by a friend, my favorite jeans, and no shoes or socks!
I am remembering... how good it is for me to get out and walk and pray... both physically and spiritually! Why do we (I?) run from the things we know are good for us?
I am going... to host our book club this week and must, must, must get the book finished!
I am reading... A Thread of Grace (book club), Figures of Speech, Deuteronomy, I Corinthians, and a few Psalms here and there.
I am praying... for so much... a wedding, a new daughter-in-law-to-be, two sick friends, being a mother, being a wife (!), desiring to know Jesus more and more, wanting to always walk under the shadow of the Almighty...
I am creating... poetry! See Sabbath Morning below.
Noticing that... poetry is good for the soul.
Poetry is the journal of the sea animal living on land, wanting to fly in the air. Poetry is a search for syllables to shoot at the barriers of the unknown and the unknowable. Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
~Carl Sandburg, Poetry Considered
Pondering these words...
Beware lest there be among you a man or woman or clan or tribe whose heart is turning away today from the Lord our God to go and serve the gods of those nations. Beware lest there be among you u a root bearing poisonous and bitter fruit, one who, when he hears the words of this sworn covenant, blesses himself in his heart, saying, ‘I shall be safe, though I walk in the stubbornness of my heart.’ This will lead to the sweeping away of moist and dry alike. Deuteronomy 29:18-19.
Oh, Lord, keep me from blessing myself in my heart and walking in the stubbornness of my heart!
In the kitchen... I'm going to try this recipe for potatoes au gratin... something I don't think I've ever made... tonight with pork tenderloin, sauteed mushrooms, and a green salad.
Around the house... I think we might have actually found drawer hardware that works with our kitchen cabinetry, so the painting project is back on! Yippee!
One of my favorite things... my thirty minute drive to and from work, usually spent just thinking or praying... or talking on the phone... or listening to audio books.
From my picture journal... my favorite so far from the engagement pictures. Go here and here and here to see what's been posted by photographer Tina Wrona. I think there's one more set coming. Really, really talented lady. Plus, a super cute couple to shoot, don't ya think?

For more "Simple" entries, go to The Simple Woman's Daybook!


2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your Daybook. I'm with you on needing to walk and pray more-- why do we put those things off? Hoping wedding plans are going well. Thanks for sharing the beautiful engagement picture. Have a great week!
Thank you for sharing your daybook- excellent engagement photo. Great blog. Keep it up!
http://bloggingbradleys.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment