11.28.2009

Seven on Saturday

1. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new Liturgical Year with the first Sunday of Advent. You can read an artical about the Advent Season here from Ken. I'm reading The Liturgical Year: the Spiraling Adventure of the Spiritual Life for the Thomas Nelson Blogger Book Reviews. Here's what I read last night: "To live the liturgical year is to keep our lives riveted on one beam of light called the death and Resurrection of Jesus and its meaning for us here and now."


2. I spotted this cartoon taped up on the wall behind the cash register at Joseph Fox Bookshop in Philadelphia. Think I might try doing something like this.

3. I'm soooo far behind on writing book reviews! I thought I'd at least write down the ones I've finished that are due reviews so I don't lose them:

The Help
The Gurnsey Literary & Potato Peel Society
Picking Cotton
Art for God's Sake
The Pillars of the Earth (Audio)
The Small Rain
Home Safe (Audio)

Blah - I feel like there's one more, but that's all I can think of right now...

4. Here's an nifty site for you to check out: The Rabbit Room (Yes, I said "nifty.")

5. So. The Philadelphia Half-Marathon is over and was, I think, successfully completed. What now, you ask? I'm looking at the Half in Myrtle Beach in February. Anyone want to join me?

6. Here's another artist, Studio Lyon, that I've found who inspires me. I made a black-and-white version of her Bartlett pear and added the words "Pare Down" (because that's what I need to do!) in the style of Nicole's Saving the World drawing series at Blue Bicicletta. I'm very happy with the finished product. A good art day. My sister loves pears, so maybe I'll give it to her for Christmas! :-)

7. Well, guess what? Matt was unclogging the upstairs bathroom tub just now and something went CRUNCH so now water is coming out of the kitchen ceiling to the floor. Oh, joy! That means the kids' bathroom is out of commission and the remodel we were planning for early next year has just been moved up! I'm smiling. Really, I am. Promise.

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4