10.31.2009

October Photohunt Challenge: All of 'em together!

Whew! Got the October Photohunt Challenge done just in the nick of time! What fun it was to look for these photos. It made me look at the world around me with much more observant eyes. And what a wonderful Creation we live in...

Thanks to K at Prone to Wander for letting me know about this challenge. You can see her entries here.

Bear with me, bloggy friends. I know I've posted these all individually (...except the "Texture" entry...I picked a new one for that category tonight) but looking at the rules for the Challenge, I need them all in one post. Ack!

1. A Fall Activity: An afternoon nap at the train station in the cool fall air.


2. A Fall Treat: Mary munching down on carmel covered marshmallows.


3. A Harvest: A "harvest" of golden leaves.


4. Leaves: Beautiful orange leaves against an overcast sky.


5. Fall Colors: The coloring of these leaves fascinated me. They look like flowers, but they're not!


6. Something Orange: Blurry orange pumpkins behind yellow straw and green grass at a church pumpkin sale.


7. Something Spooky: Bizarre bikini-clad sun-bathing skeleton in Society Hill, South Carolina! Note the wig and rings.


8. A Cemetery: Annual graveyard display at a house in town.


9. A Costume: Ok, it's two. But they go together. The bad fairy and the good fairy. :-)


10. A Black and White Photo: Not ALL the way black and white, but I like it the emphasis of the door and pumpkins!


11. A Critter: This is Charley and she's adorable. She needs a home!


12. Symmetry: This is an old gate in a brick fence along a road I walk. I thought it was charming and...well...it is symmetrical!


13. Contrast: I caught this contrast of the sparkling green pine needles against an astonishing Carolina blue sky one day as I was leaving work.

14. Texture: Oh, dear. I had a "texture" photo of hay bales but then I took this one today and I think I like it better. So - here's an old pine tree trunk along the road I walk.


15. A Logo/Mascot: The Sparkling Goat Cafe in Thomasville, Georgia. Really.


16. Something Neon: Whew. This one was hard. It was the last one on my list and just as Mary was going out the door tonight for Trick or Treat, she popped in these "teeth" and gave me a "neon smile"!


17. Something Inspiring: I loved this lone little persimmon hanging on it's bare, bare tree. "Determination," I thought. Matt said, "Stubborn." :-)


18. Something Entertaining: The cast of the Missoula production of Jack & the Beanstalk! What a great arts program!


19. Something Fast: My dear hubby dashing home on his last mile of a TWENTY mile run this morning. Note his feet are both off the ground. And his socks don't match!!!! Run, George, run!


20. Something Slow: This was my first photo of the month. It was just an elderly man walking down a quiet road with his cane. He paused every few minutes to rest and look around. I doctored it up a bit in Photoshop. I like the way the shadows stripe across the road.

All done! I think I'll do this again. It was good for me.


13 comments:

K said...

love them all! The black and white is still a fave. I had a similar "slow" picture in mind, a dear old lady I know from church, who lives nearby and is honestly the slowest moving person I have ever met, but I wasn't sure that would communicate well in a photo, so I didn't take it. (wow- was that a run-on sentence or what?!) anyway...
let's do it again in December, ok? :-)
blessings friend, and blessed Sabbath rest, too.

Always Faith said...

spooky and neon were great! and the black and white was very cool!

Carolyn Ford said...

Ohhhh! I love the fast and slow! Great collection! The neon smile was worth waiting for!

Michelle said...

Your spooky shot is hysterical! The fall color and leaves are spectacular. Great job and I'm glad you played along.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

What a great collection, Belinda! I loved nearly all of them, thanks for putting them all into one post for me to look at, made it much easier :)
Stay tuned for my favorites....coming soon!
Kristi @ Photo Hunt Challenges

Ang said...

love the B&W and Leaves shots the best. great job on them all though!

Nukke said...

My favourites were from 6.- 12. and that Skeleton in S.Carolina is hilarious !!!! I would definitely like to but her in my veranda !!!!

Timo said...

Thanks for commenting on my Photo hunt collection!

You had really good participants, liked most of texture, neon and inspiring!

Greetings from Finland! :-)

Julie Brooks said...

These are great! I love your B&W, even if it has a splash of color, that's what I love about it. The something spooky is so funny! Something slow, I got something similar. I had a hard time coming up with that one, as we were walking back to our car in downtown Seattle we were behind this tremendously slow elderly lady with a walker.....right then I knew that was my something slow photo! ;)

Krisu said...

You did a great job! I like them all, specially fast and slow and the neon teeth!

kayerj said...

fast and slow were inspiring and spooky cracked me up. You’re hunt results were wonderful. Here’s my hunt hope you can stop by!

Lynn said...

Great shots. I had trouble with neon, too, but I'll bet you have the most original neon photo of the bunch!

Sue said...

Great great shots..so many wonderful ones...think my fav s the Contrast..that sky is amazing!
I hope your little critter finds a good home...what a beautiful face :-)
You can see mine by clicking on my name.

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4