11.01.2009

Seven (started) on Saturday

1. Highlight of the Week: I took Mary and her friend E to a fabulous Art Show in Sanford Wednesday. Our friend Doug Rowe won Best in Show and is an amazingly talented artist. I'm hoping to take some drawing classes from him next year! His wife, Maria, is an artist in her own right and placed in the show also. She's very inspiring and patient with me.... answering lots of questions about her work. (Thanks, M!) The girls loved it and went through the show using a very clever scavenger hunt provided by the art club.

2. Guess what? November is the Poetic Asides Chapbook Challenge month which means a poetry prompt every day again! Starting today. :-)

3. ...And my friend CD has gotten me into another project! She told me about the Sketchbook Challenge and we both signed up. Interesting and fun idea. I'm not sure if I can fill up a whole journal by January 4th, though! Yikes! My theme is "Space." Read all about it here. The deadline to register is... uhmmm... TODAY!


4. Last Saturday was Sean's 23rd bday! Hard for me to believe. I'm so very proud of the young man he has turned out to be. Last year I shared his 1st birthday photo with you. Here's one of my favorites: his kindergarten tee-ball picture. He was quite the little tee-ball player.... and the cutest kid ever! Love you, Seanie!

5. Currently reading: The Help, Learning to Pray Through the Psalms, The Creative Call, Journal Spilling, and Furious Pursuit. A friend just gave me Same Kind of Different as Me that I plan to pick up next. :-) And more exciting bookish news.... I finished my first Thomas Nelson Blogger book, posted my review, and have ordered my next book: The Liturgical Year: The Spiraling Adventure of the Spiritual Life by Joan Chittister. Cool beans.

6. Yes, a new Fall look today with my favorite photos from the October Photohunt Challenge. I had a really great time with it and am planning to do the next one. I think it's in December. Click here for an "Evolution of a Blog Banner".

7. TWENTY-ONE days until I walk the half-marathon in Philadelphia. The training process has shown me that it's probably not going to be as easy as I had thought! :-) Yesterday was the first time I've walked ten miles. It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes giving 16.5 minute miles. That means if I at least keep that pace I should finish the race in 3 hours and 36 minutes, well below the 4 hour limit.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hey B. I love your new banner. I am proud of you for finishing the Photohunt challenge. You got some great shots! C.

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4