1.01.2008

The GOALS


OK - here they are...my 2008 goals. I broke them up into categories. Yes, I'm a geek.


SPIRITUAL
1. Follow the Christian Year Calendar in my devotions
I love the idea of moving through the rhythems of the year with Christ's life.

2. Read Daily Readings from the Book of Common Prayer
This goes along with #1. The emphasis here is DAILY.

3. Try, try, try to go on silent retreats (at least twice this year)
I have talked about doing this for some time and even had a retreat planned this but cancelled out. Follow through this year!

FAMILY
4. Matt - Deliberate time together
Because we're working with each other this year, I think it will be easy to focus on being co-workers and parents instead of a couple. I want to read Pilgrim's Progress with him as he goes through it with Dawn group. We've also talked about borrowing DVDs from the PCA library and watching them together.

5. Sean - Go flying with and Pray, pray, pray!
How do you mother a 21 year old man? My only answer is to pray, pray, pray for him. I'm especially praying for the woman God has chosen for him. The most important thing to him right now is flying so...........I need to get up in the air with him again. I just need to get some anti-nausea medicine. ;)

6. Ellen - Finds ways to engage
She's 15....Need I say more?

7. Mary - Read, play, and crafts
Sandra is starting a bookclub for little girls and I just need to read, read, read with Mary. Also, she would be in heaven if I would play games with her, do crafts (she wants to learn to finger knit), and have her help me cook. Doesn't sound hard, does it, but it's so easy for me not to do!

8. Extended family - better job of staying in touch
This is something I soooooo stink at. Especially with my brother. And Matt's family. Ugh.

FRIENDS
9. Reach out to new people in the church (invite to dinner)
Matt and I always say, "We need to have them over for dinner. Let's do it." And then we never do.

10. Be a better encourager (notes, emails, calls, etc.)
I have all these pretty notecards and never use them. I always appreciate it when I get cards of encouragement and intend to do the same, but just never do it! (Recurring theme, isn't it?)

ME
11. Exercise (4 hrs/wk) & diet (for health)
Enough said.

12. Pursue creative outlets (writing, crafts, photography, drawing)
Writing: Blog, Duke seminar; Crafts: Crocheting, cross-stitch, collage; Photography: Get my camera straight, take a class, Flicker; Drawing: Take a class, finish Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain.

13. Read good books and watch good movies.

HOME
14. Twelve Rooms in Twelve Months
More to come on this.

15. Clean out attic
Really. This is the year.

16. Organize photographs
Ditto.

17. Clip coupons and use money saved for books
Yes, really!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok-silent times, daily devos, sending notes, exercise, diet, and home stuff...lots in common to encourage the other with. I'm already comparing and I like your organization of your list better than mine. So clear and easy to read. Very good goals, can you teach Erin crafts if I let Mary cook with me? :)

PS-I can help with nausea med!

hipmissionary said...

ok, so Sondie likes your organizational skills better than hers, but I am impressed there is even a list! I am one of those who doesn't even want to think about it, much less try to write it down!! I think I will just enjoy it through y'all's living it!

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4