1.01.2008

Favorite Chicken Pot Pie Recipe


I made Easy Chicken Pot Pie tonight. My family loves it!

Chicken, cooked, diced into bite sized pieces. (2-3 cups)
3/4 Stick butter (not margarine)
6 tablespoons flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
Salt & Pepper
1 bag Pictsweet Seasoned Garden Vegetables, cooked in microwave
1 Pillsbury pie crust

Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and stir over heat until thick (about 2 minutes.) Slowly add chicken broth while stirring. Slowly add cream while stirring. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking (and stirring) until sauce thickens. Place vegetables and chicken in casserole. Pour sauce over top and mix well. Unroll crust and lay on top of casserole, pinching edges to secure to casserole dish. Cut vents in crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 450 F until crust is brown.

I actually used left over KFC chicken. I think turkey or ham would be good, too. Great with salad!

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4