5.22.2011

Seven on Sunday


Hello, friends! My silence is not due to lack of things to say!! There's so much it's hard to choose! Here's seven to try to catch up -
1.  We just got back from a trip to Louisiana with the WHOLE family! The Girl hadn't yet met my parents or Matt's dad as they weren’t able to make the trip up for the wedding in November. So we all flew down last Thursday and came back Monday. We had a cookout with Matt's family on Saturday with all of his siblings and their families except for one. (Matt has five brothers and sisters!) It was a good time. The Girl noted that as people started arriving she could tell if the men were blood family or married in. The guys with no hair, she automatically knew were "true" Furby's! Below is a photo of father, son, and uncle. Cute, aren’t they, with those similar hair lines?! Smile

The Baldies
2.  Matt was also in a Half-Ironman a couple of weekends ago. The weather didn’t cooperate so the swim portion was canceled. Disappointing! He did fabulous on the biking and running, though.
P1070656
3. I have several book reviews to catch up on. Here’s my list with ratings for now:

4. I’m working on E’s graduation announcements. I wanted to do something homemade and different so I’m taking her formal graduation photo and trying to do a simple drawing from it to put on the front of her announcements. Here’s the photo and the drawing I have so far. Much work to be done, but I like the direction so far.
Ellen-Grad

Ellen-grad-drawing
5.  Matt went on a deep-sea fishing trip with our company this past week to the Outer Banks and caught a 70 pound tuna!! Really! (The photo below is of him surf fishing the day before.)
Matt fishing
6. Here’s a shot of our littlest cutie from Mother’s Day. Sweet, isn’t she? Those freckles are starting to pop out!
P1070776
7. And then there’s The Boy and The Girl with our grand-dog, Dingo. The first one is the best behavior we could get out of him. The second is reality!Smile

P1070835
P1070828

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4