For Today,
April 20th, 2010
Outside my window ... a cold, black, spring morning sky.
I am wearing ... my favorite pj's and wishing I could stay in them all day. But, alas, it's not to be!
April 20th, 2010
Outside my window ... a cold, black, spring morning sky.
I am wearing ... my favorite pj's and wishing I could stay in them all day. But, alas, it's not to be!
I am going... to have a super busy day today: take M to school, a morning chock-full at work, back to M's school, then a meeting at the church for follow-up with our web team. Sigh. Hope to get a walk in this evening.
I am reading ... A Homemade Life (yep, still reading a chapter here and there), Reaching Out without Dumbing Down, Red Bird (poems), and Lies Women Believe. Bible Reading- falling behind for the first time this year!! Ack! But promising myself to get caught back up - still in 1 Samuel and added 1 Chronicles and Matthew.
I am listening to ... Strength in What Remains: A Journey of Remembrance and Forgiveness by Tracy Kidder. Oh, so good! Almost finished with it so more on that with a review later.
I am creating ... still nothing, notta, zippo. Although I slipped an hour in yesterday on the deck of the local coffee house with my sketch book and did some scribble-scrabble.
Words that I am pondering ... From Mary Oliver's poem "Red Bird":
Still, for whatever reason -
perhaps because the winter is so long
and the sky so black-blue,
or perhaps because the heart narrows
as often as it opens -
I am grateful
From the learning rooms ... I'm meeting with the teacher M's slated to have next year for 6th grade. It's the first time in her little life that she'll have a teacher I either wasn't involved in hiring or was good friends with beforehand. I'm looking forward to sitting in on her class and getting to know her. I've heard she's a wonderful teacher.
From the kitchen ... found a yummy coffee cake and an assortment of cookies on my counter yesterday. The Baking Fairy struck again! She seems to always show up just when The Boy gets back from Lynchberg.... Hmmm....
Around the house ... the yard is in bad need of some work. I had it in pretty good shape three weeks ago and it needs a day's worth of attention again, I'm afraid. Those dog-gone pine cones just won't stay up in the trees!
A few plans for the rest of the week ... order this book. A friend has asked me to join her in a Classical Conversations book club this summer (yes, another one!) and I think I'll give it a try. The other three books for the summer are this (the geek in me can't wait on this one!) and this (curious choice, but looks super good to me!) and this (a fav that it's time to reread!)
One of my favorite things ... coffee. And chocolate. Coffe AND chocolate together! :-)
A photo to share with you... Molly Pockets got a hair cut! :-)

For more Simple entries, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook. Blessings, bloggy friends~

No comments:
Post a Comment