I've fallen about a week behind in my Bible reading plan that will get me through both the Old and New Testaments in 2010. In doing some catch-up work this morning, it struck me in 1 Samuel chapter 17 that, yet again, something happened over the course of 40 days. That prompted me to think about all the other "40 days" I've read about so far and to search for the ones that I've yet to get to. Here's the list:
Having to do with Noah: Genesis 7:4, Genesis 7:12, Genesis 7:17, Genesis 8:6
Having to do with Jacob/Joseph: Genesis 50:3
Having to do with Moses: Exodus 24:18, Exodus 34:28, Numbers 13:25 (also involves Caleb and Joshua), Numbers 14:34, Deuteronomy 9:9, Deuteronomy 9:11, Deuteronomy 9:18, Deuteronomy 9:25, Deuteronomy 10:10
Having to do with David: 1 Samuel 17:16
Having to do with Elijah: 1 Kings 19:8
Having to do with Ezekiel: Ezekiel 4:6
Having to do with Jonah: Jonah 3:4
Having to do with Jesus: Matthew 4:2, Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2, Acts 1:3
Hmm... Just seems interesting to me and might be a good place to settle for a personal Bible study for a few weeks.
Have a wonderful Wednesday out there!

Having to do with Noah: Genesis 7:4, Genesis 7:12, Genesis 7:17, Genesis 8:6
Having to do with Jacob/Joseph: Genesis 50:3
Having to do with Moses: Exodus 24:18, Exodus 34:28, Numbers 13:25 (also involves Caleb and Joshua), Numbers 14:34, Deuteronomy 9:9, Deuteronomy 9:11, Deuteronomy 9:18, Deuteronomy 9:25, Deuteronomy 10:10
Having to do with David: 1 Samuel 17:16
Having to do with Elijah: 1 Kings 19:8
Having to do with Ezekiel: Ezekiel 4:6
Having to do with Jonah: Jonah 3:4
Having to do with Jesus: Matthew 4:2, Mark 1:13, Luke 4:2, Acts 1:3
Hmm... Just seems interesting to me and might be a good place to settle for a personal Bible study for a few weeks.
Have a wonderful Wednesday out there!


2 comments:
heard a preacher say one time that some theologians believe that 40 days wasn't literal that it meant a long time. I always believed that if it said 40 days that it meant 40 days. What do you think?
I guess I'm a literal kind of gal... 40 days is 40 days, 7 is 7, etc. So, I agree with you... although I HAVE read some pretty interesting stuff on Evolutionary Creationism (Language of God by Francis Collins is a recent example)that had good points. But at the end, I still think 7 days means 7 days.
Thanks for your comment and for reading!
Post a Comment