1.09.2011

2010 Books-I-Read Wrap Up


For the third year running, here's a wrap up on the books I've read the past year. A really cool thing about keeping a blog is you can see where you've been. In 2008 I read 56 books. In 2009 I read 58 books.

In 2010 I read 36 books. Wow. I knew I was reading less, but didn't realize it was that much of a difference. I suppose with an increased interest in developing art skills, a son's wedding, and the illness & death of a good friend, I have an excuse for my reading to have dropped so much. But interesting (and concerning?) is the fact that my reading of Christian non-fiction books is really the category I decreased in the most. Hmmm.... Guess I needed to see that in black-and-white. (I read 9 Christian non-fiction books in 2008 and 15 in 2009.)

Here are the totals:

Non-Fiction (Christian) - 3
Non-Fiction (General) - 9
Fiction - 12
Fiction (Audio) - 11
Poetry - 1

So, favorites? It would have to be Pillars of the Earth and World Without End (both audios) by Ken Follet. Hands down. Fabulous stories, amazing characters, and wonderfully performed on audio.

If I had to choose a fiction favorite that wasn't an audio I'd say Cutting for Stone or The History of Love. Beautiful writing, both!

Non-fiction? A tie between A Homemade Life (I'm not a foodie, but this was good!) and Drawing Lab (I learned so much from Carla Sonheim!)

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4