I've found weekWORD again and decided to play along. The word was given by Carmen at Tails of a Biomouse and is lacuna. Albeit a little late, here's my entry.
Huh?
Well, one meaning of lacuna is "a blank space or missing part", ie a HOLE. This led me to thinking about "holes" and looking for quotes containing the word "hole." And, tada! I found one from a favorite poet - George Herbert. (To read some of his works go here.) And it seemed quite fitting that I use this quote since our hostess for weekWORD is a mouse herself!
Huh?
Well, one meaning of lacuna is "a blank space or missing part", ie a HOLE. This led me to thinking about "holes" and looking for quotes containing the word "hole." And, tada! I found one from a favorite poet - George Herbert. (To read some of his works go here.) And it seemed quite fitting that I use this quote since our hostess for weekWORD is a mouse herself!
I stumbled upon this artist's site and was admiring her typography this morning which made me want to play with letters myself. So, the word "mouse" in the quote above is mine while the other words come from the font Ma Sexy you can get yourself here. I drew the mouse in ink and scanned him in along with my typography... put them all together and voila! A quick and dirty weekWORD!
However, as I was drawing and doodling, I did think about the "holes" in my life... the escape routes I have when things are getting tough... when the devil, the world, or my own sinful heart tempt me to do or say the things I should not... or when I am simply tempted to be the person I know I am not meant to be. What are those holes and do I have more than one?
My holes are prayer, the Word, husband, friends.... or in other words places I can find the Truth. But there's also writing, drawing, walking... things that get me up and going... things that get me outside of myself which is usually a good place to be. :-)
What are your holes?
For more interpretations of Carmen's great word, click over here. Oh, and there's always great stuff to see at A.E.D.M.
However, as I was drawing and doodling, I did think about the "holes" in my life... the escape routes I have when things are getting tough... when the devil, the world, or my own sinful heart tempt me to do or say the things I should not... or when I am simply tempted to be the person I know I am not meant to be. What are those holes and do I have more than one?
My holes are prayer, the Word, husband, friends.... or in other words places I can find the Truth. But there's also writing, drawing, walking... things that get me up and going... things that get me outside of myself which is usually a good place to be. :-)
What are your holes?
For more interpretations of Carmen's great word, click over here. Oh, and there's always great stuff to see at A.E.D.M.



5 comments:
Cute little mouse and interesting thoughts on "holes." I've never thought of it like that before.
Interesting take on what holes are in your life, very positive. My take is that the space left is often as important as the main object.
I am so glad you played with us this week, it's been far too long since we got to enjoy your lovely drawings and ponderings! I love the mouse and the fun quote and it makes me feel really good that everyone had a chance through the word this week to think of the little holes we all have in our lives and what we can fill them with. Thanks so much for playing B-missed ya
this is cute. I love the font you made.
when you talked about "holes" my mind instantly thought of swiss cheese! and then turkey with swiss + cranberry sauce + homemade wheat bread & a slathering of mayo!
yikes! I think of food & my fellow bloggers post these "deep, thoughtful, informative" interpretations about LACUNA...
ohhh... but I still have a w(hole) lot of turkey left for turkey noodle soup, turkey tacos, and more turkey divan!
Post a Comment