3.31.2010

Stations of the Cross - Days 10 & 11

Behind again! Day 10 was "Jesus is Stripped."

Detach me from the craving for
prestige,
position,
wealth.
Root out of me
all trace of envy of my neighbor
who has more than I.
Release me from the vice of pride,
my longing to exalt myself,
and lead me to the lowest place.

May I be poor in spirit, Lord,
so that I can be rich in you.


(From Everyone’s Way of the Cross by Clarence Enzler)
Day 11 is "Jesus is Crucified".


Galatians 2:20
20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4