FOR TODAY
January 12, 2010
Outside my window... a cold, cold dark winter's night..
I am thinking... about going with a friend to the North Carolina Poetry Society's winter meeting this coming Saturday.
I am thankful for... health and children and husband and friends.
I am wearing... comfy gray sweats and a pumpkin orange shirt.
I am remembering... this time 17 years ago... the day after E's birth! We had a nice family dinner last night to celebrate with the whole family and a few special friends. E's chosen menu? Baked spaghetti, creamed peas, Caesar salad, garlic bread, and Ben & Jerry's Lite Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream.
I am going... to put on my pj's and snuggle up in bed as soon as I finish this post!
I am currently reading... nothing, can you believe it?! Finished Cutting for Stone (awesome) and finished World without End (audio and also awesome). So much to choose from! I picked up Home on audio from the library and will start it soon.
I am hoping... for a wedding in 2010. The Boy and The Girl seem quite happy together.
I am seeing... the fire across the room as I type. Growing up in Louisiana, we didn't have much need for a fireplace in our house. I am so delighted to have one now.
Noticing that... Mary is making the slow climb from little girl to pre-teen. She's started straightening her hair every morning before school. My heart drops to my stomach sometimes when I realize she's my last baby.
Pondering these words... from an excerpt from Antonio Machado's poem Last Night, as I was Sleeping that a sweet friend sent me today. Love the picture of busy bees making sweet honey from all my old mistakes.
Last night...
I dreamt...
that I had a beehive
here inside my heart.
And the golden bees
were making white combs
and sweet honey
from my old failures.
From the kitchen... made this new-to-me chicken recipe. The Gouda cheese was calling my name. :-) Everyone said it's a keeper.
Around the house... I dropped a big box of clothes off at Goodwill which made me happy. Now to fill it back up and take another load this weekend.
One of my favorite things... thunderstorms, Louisiana style.
From my picture journal... E blowing out her "cake" last night.

You can find more "Simple" posts at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

January 12, 2010
Outside my window... a cold, cold dark winter's night..
I am thinking... about going with a friend to the North Carolina Poetry Society's winter meeting this coming Saturday.
I am thankful for... health and children and husband and friends.
I am wearing... comfy gray sweats and a pumpkin orange shirt.
I am remembering... this time 17 years ago... the day after E's birth! We had a nice family dinner last night to celebrate with the whole family and a few special friends. E's chosen menu? Baked spaghetti, creamed peas, Caesar salad, garlic bread, and Ben & Jerry's Lite Raspberry Chocolate Chunk ice cream.
I am going... to put on my pj's and snuggle up in bed as soon as I finish this post!
I am currently reading... nothing, can you believe it?! Finished Cutting for Stone (awesome) and finished World without End (audio and also awesome). So much to choose from! I picked up Home on audio from the library and will start it soon.
I am hoping... for a wedding in 2010. The Boy and The Girl seem quite happy together.
I am seeing... the fire across the room as I type. Growing up in Louisiana, we didn't have much need for a fireplace in our house. I am so delighted to have one now.
Noticing that... Mary is making the slow climb from little girl to pre-teen. She's started straightening her hair every morning before school. My heart drops to my stomach sometimes when I realize she's my last baby.
Pondering these words... from an excerpt from Antonio Machado's poem Last Night, as I was Sleeping that a sweet friend sent me today. Love the picture of busy bees making sweet honey from all my old mistakes.
Last night...
I dreamt...
that I had a beehive
here inside my heart.
And the golden bees
were making white combs
and sweet honey
from my old failures.
From the kitchen... made this new-to-me chicken recipe. The Gouda cheese was calling my name. :-) Everyone said it's a keeper.
Around the house... I dropped a big box of clothes off at Goodwill which made me happy. Now to fill it back up and take another load this weekend.
One of my favorite things... thunderstorms, Louisiana style.
From my picture journal... E blowing out her "cake" last night.

You can find more "Simple" posts at The Simple Woman's Daybook.




No comments:
Post a Comment