11.04.2009

Two Moons


Alrighty! It's Day 4 of the November PAD Chapbook Challenge and I've only written two poems. Here's number 2. I'll spare you number 1. :-)

The prompt was: Write a poem in which you look at something from a different angle.

What came to mind to me was the evening moon that has been following me home from my class I've been attending in Raleigh this week and the one that's been greeting me on the morning commute. Same moon, two very different views.

Two Moons

A golden plate
set low on night’s table
inviting me to feast
on the beauty of its face,
to lie wrapped in moonbeams
and watch as the sky is
salted with stars.

A pale circle
like a drop of bleach
accidentally spilled
on light blue linen cloth,
slipping slowly out of sight while staring
sullenly across the sky at the
rightful owner of the day.

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4