10.17.2009

Seven on Saturday




1.  This week's big activity was Mary's try-out and then practices for the Missoula Children's Theater performance of Jack and the Beanstalk. She got the role as one of the "Country Farmers." The first performance was last night and she did a beautiful job! Way to go, Mary! Two more performances today. It's such a great program. All three of our children have been in Missoula plays. Matt and I figured that this one is the *seventh* for the Furby family! I'm sure we've got at least one more to go before it's all over and done. :-)

2.  Yes, yes. Friday was my birthday! (I'm 41 by-the-way, despite the nasty rumor my "friend" Lynette has been circulating that I'm 43.) I had a wonderful day...calls, emails, cards... thanks to all who wished me a happy "Bee-day!" Mary and I had a nice lunch together, Matt and I went to Mary's opening performance of Jack and the Beanstalk, and then we gathered at a friend's house for cake and coffee. Oh - and the night before at book club meeting I had a surprise cake and candles. Matt gave me maybe the sweetest present he's ever given me before. He collected footage from our kids and friends telling me "Happy Birthday", added old photos, and put it all together in birthday video. He's published it on my Facebook page, but we haven't figured out how to host it somewhere so I can put it on this blog. He's probably the best husband ever. Love you, George!


4.  I got a tip from Jenny at Dreams of Genevieve to watch "Man Shops Globe" on the Sundance Channel. While we don't get the channel, I did find some free episodes I could watch on Direct TV, so yesterday I watched the two that were available - South Africa and Turkey. Loved, loved, loved it! Very inspiring and interesting.

5.  Here's a cool Poetry website I found from Ginger: ReadWritePoem

6.  Big Kids update: Sean is off yet again to visit The Girl M in Virginia. She emailed some great photos of her and the boy this week. The one below is my favorite. Pretty cute, aren't they? It's so good to see him happy and she's such a beautiful girl - inside and out. And for the big girl (No, Ellie, that's not a 'fat joke.') she got her report card and is doing marvelously well with such a heavy load plus balancing a job and social life, too. So, so proud of her! 



7. I'm inspired this week by Valentina. You can see her work here.



No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4