
Early in 2008 I came across a blog called Five Word Monologues. Every two weeks five common words were posted and readers were encouraged to write a short monologue using all five. Then we would send our titled monologue along with a name (or pen-name) and a short bio to her (or his...never was sure) email account. He/she would then post our writings to the blog.
Alas, the Five Word Monologuer (is that a word?) disappeared sometime in June of 2008 and has not been heard from since. Is she sick? Or worse - dead? Or maybe just appalled at our atrocious writing? Whatever the case, several friends and I really enjoyed the challenge and mourned the silence of our five word bloggy friend. I personally loved reading all the creative monologues my friends would come up with.
So - driving Mary to school this morning and calling out her spelling words gave me the idea to try my own challenge using five of her spelling words each week. I think a better name would be "5th-Grade Five Word Monologue." What do you think?
Here are the rules:
1. You must use each of the five words, but you can use different forms than the ones listed. (For example, if the word is looked you can use look, looking, or looks.)
2. Titled entries can be emailed to upsidedownbee [at] hotmail [dot] com. Include the name you would like to have as your signature (real name, pen name, anonymous, etc.), website address if you have one, and a short one sentence bio.
3. Entries should be monologue form (a story or poem written by a single character giving view of his or her innermost thoughts) and have a maximum length of 600 words.
4. Once the next week's five words are posted, no more entries will be accepted for the previous week's. :-) (Like I'm expecting a flood of participation. Snort!)
5. I reserve the right to not post entries that wouldn't be appropriate for the intent of my blog.
OK - ARE YOU READY?? I can sense the excitement brewing out there!! Here they are.... insert drum roll here... the first five words for the 5th Grade Five Word Monologue taken from Mary's spelling list:
Dropper
Luster
Contemptuous
Christopher Columbus (I know, but you can do it!)
Fretted


5 comments:
B. Christopher is spelled wrong. Maybe you better let Mary help you. Love, Lynn
How is Christopher spelled wrong?? Maybe I had better look it up also! I will be working on my monologue! Thanks for reinstating it! Love you! Cheryl
I fixed it!
funny... I'm looking forward to participating. My kids call this homework :o)
Oh what fun...I just sent over my little melodrama monologue :)
Post a Comment