I haven't written a 'Seven' post in many weeks, so here goes:
1. Happy, happy Easter! E is off to Texas for well deserved spring break with a good friend. The rest of the Furby's are just hanging around here. We had friends from down the road and another friend of Sean's for Easter lunch: ham, mashed potatoes, mac & cheese (of course!), broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, corn, deviled eggs, rolls, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate pie. Ugh. I am SO full! Matt and I took a looong nap.
2. We sang the old hymn "Christ Arose!" today in church. I bet I haven't heard much less sang this hymn since I was a child in my Louisiana Southern Baptist church. It was a treat. Here's the awesome chorus that will be in my head for days I'm sure:
Up from the grave He arose,
With a mighty triumph o'er His foes;
He arose a victor from the dark domain,
And He lives forever with His saints to reign;
He arose! He arose!
Hallelujah! Christ arose!
3. Above is a photo of Mary this morning in her new Easter dress. Orange is definitely one of her colors!
4. Sonderella's mother passed away last week and we (Matt, me and two friends) travelled to West Virginia last Saturday for the funeral. I'm so thankful I got to see Neeve just a few days before she went home to Jesus and her husband of 50 years.
5. Here's a video Megan at Half-Pint House posted on her site from Desiring God. Worth the five minutes or so to watch...
6. Reading in Exodus this week...Have you ever noticed that Pharaoh's own daughter disobeyed him by saving Moses? Chapter 2:27 - "Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: "Every boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live." Interesting...and tells me that God will use the resources that we lest expect to accomplish His will.
7. Sad - my 'N' key has fallen off my laptop keyboard. Yes, it's still under warranty, but what a hassle! And...the 'N' key fell of my other keyboard, too. Do I type too many nnnnn's?


No comments:
Post a Comment