3.07.2009

Seven on Saturday

A good week, all in all...

1. I got to spend an afternoon and evening with my friend Lynn on Thursday. She gave me a belated Christmas present of two bee mugs (aren't they cute?) and a T-shirt advertising her blog. We mostly just sat around and talked and then went to our favorite Mexican restaurant in the town where she lives. If you are looking for deeper intellectual posts about theology, book reviews on the classics, political ramblings, and thoughts on being a pastor's wife and mother of 5, check out her blog: Lynn's Musings.

2. I finally got up and going and went for a walk yesterday at the reservoir with a couple of friends - one new and one old. It was a beautiful day and good company.

3. My old friend and new friend (see above) and I signed up for an art class on the spur of the moment yesterday. We dropped into an art studio and somehow when we walked out we had agreed to take a painting class together on Tuesday evenings for four weeks. Humph. How did that happen? I'm a little afraid...all I've ever done is draw with pencil and ink, and only a little of that. Oh boy. Paint scares me.

4. Matt was very excited to receive his new Jindal for President 2012 mouse pad and T-shirt yesterday.

5. I made this yummy chicken recipe one day this week. Very, very good and well-received by all involved. Note at the end of the recipe it says NOT to use store bought bread crumbs. Oops! It was still good but probably would have been better if I would have used homemade ones.

6. My sweet husband got on my facebook account this week and accepted all of the friend requests I've ever gotten. Indiscriminately. It's not that I don't want to be friends with these people...it's just that I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the whole facebook thing, you know? I only signed up so I could go to my kids' accounts. So, now I'm getting all these new friend requests, and invites, and tags, etc., etc. Sigh. Maybe today I'll try to figure out how it all works. Or not. I don't know. I'm conflicted. What say you out there?

7. Mary got her hair cut off...isn't she a cutie!!


1 comment:

The Scotts said...

Would have loved to fellowship with you and Lynn together!! I know that was a fun time!!

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4