1.26.2009

Good Words


I love metaphors, similes, and analogies. When I'm reading I find myself marking, underlining and turning down page corners so I'll remember to go back and jot these 'good words' down. I decided to start capturing some of these phrases and passages on my blog so I'll have them at my ready for reference and inspiration for my own writing.

I'm putting a new category in my menu called 'Good Words.' It's mostly for me, but maybe you'll find these to be enjoyable, too.

But I feel sorry for them, too. I remembered a red-eye flight I was on recently. At about 4am I fell into one of those poor quality sleeps. I woke up about twenty minutes later and took a stroll down the aisle. The plane was packed with businessmen and they all lay sleeping, their briefcases at their feet like obedient dogs.

(
From The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted: And Other Small Acts of Liberation by Elizabeth Berg.)

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4