11.15.2008

Seven on Saturday

Seven things to share with you on Saturday:

1. I'm not sure if you can see this picture very well...I took it Friday morning at about 7:30am while I was walking in the rain (with hardhat, steel-toe shoes, safety glasses and industrial rain trencher - I'm very cute! ;-> ) from my office out to the plant. I had my camera with me and saw this fellow employee through the window in the break room. He was reading a devotion book and the Bible. It warmed my heart on a dreary day.


2. I bought a sewing machine a year-and-a-half ago when I was in Louisiana visiting my parents. I was inspired to sew a "quillow", a light-weight quilted blanket that folds up into a pillow. My mother has made a lot of them and gives them for gifts. So, I thought I'd be sewing up a storm, but I never even took the machine out of the box. Until last week. When Mary wanted to make pj's for her stuffed animals. Soooo...now that it's out of the box and sitting on my dining room table, I thought I'd try making some nifty crafts. Here's a blog that's inspiring me: Sew, Mama, Sew!

3. I love Goodwill. I go there often just to mainly check out their books. Paperbacks are 50 cents and hardbacks are a dollar. I've found some good books. Yesterday I had a few minutes, swung in, and bought these four books for a total of $2.00: Fast Food Nation, Like Water for Chocolate, Evening, and The Jane Austen Book Club.



4. Here's my beautiful Mary dressed up in her Renaissance costume for her school's feast on Friday. Isn't she lovely?

5. Here's a recipe for homemade tomato soup I'm going to try this week. It's from Angry Chicken. Cool site....love the name.

6. Amazing....look here and pan through the pictures. Cool, huh?

7. I think my puppy is sick. :-(

2 comments:

Lynn Cross said...

I miss you. Lynn

Stay at Home Gourmet said...

I'm trying to sew, too. Love Sew, Mama, Sew. Also -http://ihavetosay.typepad.com/
She has such beautiful fabric in her etsy shop.

Hope Sadie gets well soon. My puppy is sick, too. I gave him theraflu and hope he will go to sleep soon. :) He's worked very hard taking care of me this week!

Take care of yourself - Holli

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4