3.25.2012

For Today…


Last year I made “Daybook” entries quite a bit. Thought it would be fun to give it a go again!

Outside my window... it’s dark and quite at about 5:30am on the Sabbath. I love this day and I love this time. Everyone – kids, hubby, dogs – are sleeping and all seems right with the world.

I am thinking... of all the things needed to be done to prepare to homeschool Mary next year. Yep, there, I’ve said it! We have decided to keep her home next  year and try something different. Very exciting. A little afraid. Mostly just blessed to be able to even give it a try.

I am thankful... for my beautiful daughter-in-law who celebrated her birthday this week and who we are having lunch with today!

In the kitchen... I made some yummy cranberry cookies for a dessert to bring to our neighborhood dinner this past Thursday. Recipe here.

I am wearing... my favorite slouchy, super comfy, wear-all-day-around-the-house pj bottoms and T-shirt.

I am creating... not sure yet… as soon as I’m done with this post I’m going to slather some paint on a little canvas and see what happens!

I am going... to work on my writing class today! (See below.)

I am wondering... how time passes so quickly and Easter is almost here!?
 
I am reading... Margaret Atwood’s The Robber Bride.

I am hoping... to paint our front door this weekend, changing from a deep red to a happy spring yellow!

I am looking forward to... an online fiction writing class I’m taking with a friend through our local community college. Lessons one and two posted out of 12.

I am learning… about plot vs. story!

Around the house... I’ve painted a well-used chifforobe we’ve had for years and used in the both the girl’s nurseries. It was red (for E) then a multicolor pastel (for Mary). Now it’s two shades of yellow with fabulous mix-matched knobs from Anthropolgie. It’s found a new home in the art room where Mary and I plan to use it to store our school materials. Pictures soon!

I am pondering… God’s faithfulness even when we are unfaithful…
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. ~Lamentations 3:22-23

A favorite quote for today... “I wish you all the joy that you can wish.” William Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice, Act 3, Scene II, found on the birthday card we gave our daughter-in-law this week. 

One of my favorite things... old hat boxes purchased at a neighborhood garage sale yesterday! They’ve found a home in the art room on top of the newly painted chifforobe.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Ah, well, I’ll be heading to Atlanta on Monday and fly back on Wednesday. Hopefully I’ll have dinner with E in Raleigh before driving home and the rest of my week will be slow and quiet until we ease into the weekend.

A peek into my day... The pollen has really dropped here over the past week or so. I think it’s the worst ever. But with it comes the flowers. Here’s a shot of the lovely dogwoods blooming in front of our house. I’ve always loved this tree.
dogwood2 2012
For more Daybook entries, click over to the Simple Woman’s Daybook.

1 comment:

K said...

B! the joy quote is a keeper! I haven't done the daybook format in a while, and you remind me how fun it is! thanks for a glimpse into your days... :-)
blessings abundant!

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4