11.08.2012

Doodle Ornaments

Last year the Christmas cards we sent out were hand drawn.

The year before that they were a photo of Mary as the angel Gabrielle inserted in a hand drawn frame.

The year before that..... they didn’t exist!

Yep…. It took me 25 years of marriage to get it together enough to send out Christmas cards. *Sigh.*
But now, this year, I’m looking forward to coming up with a new design. And, like I often do, once I have a project in mind I’ll look to other artists for inspiration. I’ll practice their style and let it morph into my own with some new ideas. Last night I found this artist, took one of his cards, and gave it a try. Mine’s a bit more crowded than his and not nearly as smooth, but I like it just the same.
 doodle ornament 1 
doodle ornament 2
I especially liked the way he colored each flower in with one or two colors and left a good bit in black-and-white. I think I over-worked mine, though.
doodle ornament 3
I’ll be thinking on this one…. Maybe not a doodle ornament, but a doodle Christmas tree? And how to show the family? Maybe I can show us decorating the tree with doodle flowers?

For more doodle inspiration, here’s one of my favorite artists – Jennifer Judd-McGee. Isn’t she awesome?

Have a thrummy Thursday, bloggy friends! And stop by AEDM for more creative awesomeness!

Update: Scanned version posted here!

8 comments:

J Bamman the southern sunshine girl said...

Very cool!

Neesie said...

I'm visiting AEDM and your blog for the first time and am so impressed. I love to doodle and this is really inspiring.
Thanks for sharing ;D
♥Neesie♥

Janet said...

Great doodle!

Anoeska said...

I just adore your Christmas ornament! Love your doodle-style!

Nigel Roberts said...

Fantastic doodle, and amazing patience!

Kristen (Creative Stash) said...

this is so lovely! beautiful concept and execution. i love it!

Gillian Pearce said...

Such a lovely idea. I think I might have to have ago with that.

Claudia said...

So beautiful, i love it!

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4