11.05.2012

Butterfinger Bird

Mosaic I made this bird ornament today from a tutorial by Stephanie at Under the Table and Dreaming. For the past five years or so I’ve made a new ornament or garland for our smaller Christmas tree we put in the study. Sometimes I get really energetic and make ornaments for some of my girlfriends, too. I thought I’d play around with this one as a possibility for my 2012 ornament. I think I like him! You can’t tell from the photos, but he’s sparkly, too! Right now he’s decided to perch on the flowers on the dining room table until a proper tree is found.
Oh…and he’s the “Butterfinger Bird” because, as Mary pointed out,  the random dictionary pages I cut him from have the entries “butter dish”, “butter fat”, and “butterfinger.”  I think he and about five of his friends would make a great garland, too.
Well – here’s to one more day of doing something a little creative! Hope you had a great start to your week, bloggy friends! Stop by AEDM to see some creative loveliness all month long!

No comments:

I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4